Are you selling your products at craft shows? Are people asking if you accept credit cards? Looking for a handy credit card service?
There is little piece of technology called Square that can help you and your handmade business accept payments. Having this in your pocket means you can literally accept money anywhere and anytime.
How It Works
The aptly named Square is a small white square that is simple and sleek, with a corresponding app for your phone. Square processes a credit card, produces a receipt and even takes a signature which works on an IPhone, IPad, and Android.
Check this video to see how to get started with Square:
This also helps when a friend owes you money. You know those guys who never have cash on them? Well guess what – now you can get your money much faster in a convenient way.
- Swiper. It may take several swipes and ‘Please Retry, Swipe quickly’s before the card info is properly captured. However, most users’ swipers have consistently worked on the first or second swipe every time, which may be an improvement in the latest model; who knows?
- Transaction fee. For transactions over $400, you have to pay the 2.75% rate— even if you pay the monthly flat rate. This will probably catch a few businesses off guard.
- Square Up has no phone number; you can only contact them via email message.
- Square is currently only available in the US, Canada and Japan so if you are outside of those countries you’re out of luck. However, there are other credit card apps available for your phone.
This app helps you save so much time and effort to accept credit cards. People will buy a lot more of your products when they find out that you accept credit cards boosting your sales.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- How To Effectively Start An Etsy Shop - January 24, 2017
- Mart Ninja – All You Need To Know - January 24, 2017
- The Best Color To Use With Your Projects This 2017 - January 23, 2017