Are you tired of doing all of the craft-related tasks on your own? Get some help!
A virtual assistant (typically abbreviated to VA, also called a virtual office assistant) is generally self-employed and can give you professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance from a home office.
Benefits Of Hiring A Virtual Assistant To Crafters
- Budget Friendly — Remote workers leverage different wages paid around the globe for similar type work so you get highly skilled workers for less cost than you might pay locally.
- Avoiding layoffs — It is not necessary to hire full-time employees that stay on the payroll with nothing to do once a project is completed.
- Improving quality — Some organizations see quality improvements when they contract work out through new service level agreement created for a new project.
- Accessing talent — By looking beyond your in-house skills and into a global market, you may find a larger talent pool than you’d find locally.
- Scaling production — Outsourcing to remote workers helps you manage increases or decreases of workflow across your organization.
There are a variety of virtual assistants and they all have different skills. Some may gear their work more toward scheduling and logistics, while others may focus on web-based services like manning email accounts, doing research or social media.
Things A Virtual Assistant Can Help You With
- Upload blogs or email newsletters
- Respond to emails and set up email lists
- Transcribe voice memos, conference calls and more
- Run your calendar and plan your travel
- Compile data into organized spreadsheets
- Handle forwarded phone calls when you’re unavailable or out of town
- Any time-consuming or repetitive tasks
- Write blog posts for your craft blog
- Help you hire other employees by doing preliminary research on candidates
- Manage your craft business social media accounts
- Coordinate with vendors
- Place orders for new supplies
- And many more
If you are not sure about getting full time help or just by the hour or by the project, we created a guide for you about remote outsourcing to get started.