Is there a way to find out what are the top searched keywords in a specific category? You already probably know how to find the top keywords that led to your shop, but what about top keywords overall including ones that you’re not using?
Etsy does not divulge that info, and don’t trust any outside source that says they have that data for Etsy, because they do not!
But there are other things you can do:
- You can check the search bar for suggestions. That is the easiest way to see all things that more than a few people have searched recently
- Use the Google Keyword Planner to get general Google volume, which gives you a good idea for what will be popular elsewhere.
- This browser add-on called Keywords Everywhere gives you Google volume from a ton of different places. It also includes eBay searches. Check the video below to see how it works.
- Use other keyword tools for more ideas such as Ubersuggest. See below to learn more.
- Check the bottom of Etsy & Google searches for related keyword phrases.
Keywords Everywhere is a browser add-on that allows you to get search volume, CPC and competition data directly onto to Google search as well we other keyword research tools out there. By using this extension you will no longer need to switch between your keyword tool and Google Keyword Planner.
Watch this video for a step-by-step guide will show you how easy it is to install the tool and ease your keyword research:
Ubersuggest is a free keyword suggestion tool that helps you come up with ideas for new videos! Check this video to see how it works:
That’s it. Hope you find these tools and tips useful. If you have a suggestion, please let us know in the comments.