We are all victims of something.
A bad childhood.
Growing up poor.
Geography and birth lottery.
A missing limb. Cleft lip.
Diagnosed OCD. An “addictive personality”.
A breakup that shook you.
Everyone is a little broken.
Everyone’s going through something.
The question is, how long do you dwell on your “misgivings”?
How long will you play victim?
This is entirely up to you.
Because let me tell you, you may have a few bad lucks here and there, but your potential is still inside you.
And everyone who is successful – everyone you look up to – had the same insecurities and number of “victim plots”.
But a lot of them were able to overcome it.
The opportunities are THERE: all the people / clients you can serve, the people who would love to connect with you, and even those who are dying to help you when they know you deserve it.
Quit waiting for someone to tell you “you are enough”.
All the motivational talk in the world won’t work if you don’t take action.
This is why I will tell you some tips for you to get up and start moving for your business’ success. Here they are;
- Remind yourself why you want to do something. Sometimes, we need a little boost to help get us going on a task or project. Say out loud or write down the reason why you need to do something. Tell yourself the benefits of getting it done.
- Break down your work into smaller chunks. You may dread hours of work, but if you break your day down into smaller segments, work can be easier to deal with.
- When you have easily accessible distractions all around you then it becomes hard to focus. So shut the door of your crafting room. Put your smart phone in silent mode at the other end of your work space or home. And use an extension for your browser like StayFocusd to keep yourself on track.
- Spend less time with negative people who always look at the dark or apathetic side of things. And spend more of the time you have now freed up with enthusiastic or motivated people and let their energy flow over to you.
- Don’t limit yourself to just the motivation you can get from the people closest you. There is a ton of motivating books, podcasts, blogs and success stories out there that you can tap into to up or renew your motivation.
That’s it. You don’t need a pep talk. You need to move.