Do you want your handmade business to get into Instagram’s sponsored posts section?
If you plan to adopt a similar strategy, you’ll want to take a look at the following Instagram sponsored posts features for getting the most out of your presence on the site.
A case study posted on the Instagram website is claiming sponsored posts (AKA ads) has achieved 2-3x above Nielsen online averages which also resulted in 2.8x higher ad recall than other online advertising.
Here’s a secret for advertisers looking to use Instagram’s influence outside of sponsored posts – interestingly enough, a photo you post on Instagram has the opportunity to show up in the Explore section based on a random algorithm, where users that don’t currently follow you can easily discover you by location, hashtag and more.
Instagram Sponsored Posts Tips
The best Instagram ads do not seem like ads at a first glance. Like most photos on Instagram, tailoring the photo for the ad to seem like a candid shot with sharp, short text will work best.
There shouldn’t be any aggressive calls to action as it will come across as too sales-y. A subtle download link with a mention of your app or website will result in better conversion rates.
Check these articles to learn more:
- 10 Instagram Marketing Tips to Make People <3 Your Brand – Margot da Cunha shares her knowledge on how you can use the sponsored posts features to give your brand more exposure.
- How Small to Medium-Sized Businesses Can Advertise on Instagram – Ryan Walker will help you what to go through if you want to set up your business on it.
Pricing Of Instagram Sponsored Posts
Now that we’re clear that Instagram is the new golden-child of social media, what about advertising on Instagram? Well, it’s not cheap, and it’s probably not available for most businesses. I know, life’s tough.
With that said according to an interview with co-founder and CEO Kevin Systrom and the Wall Street Journal, “Our real value in the long run is going to be in the advertising space…We’re taking it slow on purpose because we don’t want to alienate the community that is so important to Instagram’s growth.”
Instagram Marketing Tips That Works
Since this sponsored posts feature is not practical for all handmade business sellers, you can still leverage your sales using Instagram by learning clever marketing strategies.
Check these articles to learn more:
- How to Market Your Shop With Instagram – In this post from the Etsy blog, Katy covers topics like, what content to share, editing, communication, selling, and how to create feedback loops.
- 21 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make in Instagram Marketing – Rachel from Made Freshly covers some common and uncommon mistakes you DON”T want to make!
- How to build a thriving community on Instagram – This guide is full of tips and tools.
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Instagram Marketing – Jenn Herman, a social media trainer and Instagram advocate shares her knowledge on how you can stay ahead from your competitors.
- 52 Tips: How to Market on Instagram – Wish Pond
- 25 Tricks For Effective Instagram Marketing – Small Business Trends
- 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Instagram Marketing – Business News Daily
- 8 Mistakes Brands Make With Instagram – Hub Spot
- Instagram tips on how to get more followers – The Shabby Creek Cottage
So that’s my tips for marketing your handmade business on Instagram.
Got something fresh and new that I missed? Leave your ideas in the comments, because at the end of the day it’s just like Insta…. comments are gold!