Looking to maximize the effectiveness of your social media posts for more engagement?
Social media posting is undeniably the key to bringing in traffic immediately to your handmade business site and engaging your fans and customers, plus it has long term value for your overall search ranking.
When you post on social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest, you’ve got to do a lot more than just post a link with a quick sentence describing it if you want lots of people to click on your post and visit your website. You’ve actually got to optimize your posts for each network.
But social media is constantly changing, and while the data and best practices unveiled here are a strong start to success, nothing beats testing each strategy for your own audience.
Some things to keep in mind for each of the major social networks:
- Pinterest: Posts without human faces get repinned 23 percent more.
- YouTube: Make sure your file name reflects your clever title.
- Facebook: It’s okay to post after your business closes. Your audience may be more available.
- Twitter: Shortened links with Bit.ly get more retweets.
- Google+: Use full size images (800x600px) to stand out.
- Instagram: Use the rule of thirds. Put the subject of the photo in only two-thirds of the photo, it’s visually more appealing.
- Tumblr: “Like” and “Reblog.” Tumblr is built on community and this will get your name your blog out there. If you just post mindlessly, no one is going to find you. Be visible.
There’s more. Check the infographic below, take notes, and make every future social media post count!
That’s it. How about you? How do you get other people to love your social media posts? Let us know in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- The Best Color To Use With Your Projects This 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Why Etsy Sellers Should Have A Backup Plan - January 22, 2017
- Valentine’s Day DIY Gift Inspiration For Everyone - January 20, 2017