If you want to collect information that your craft business needs, do a survey!
Why? Because using surveys can highlight your customer’s opinions while also gaining important information about the kinds of product, services and enhancements they might be willing to actually pay for.
To get started, here are four steps to a successful survey:
- Finding The Right Tool
- Creating Questions
- Custom Branding
- Do The Survey
- Analyze The Results
Finding The Right Tool
SurveyMonkey is a popular online survey tool. It’s easier than ever to send free surveys, polls, questionnaires, customer feedback and market research. You are also allowed to access survey questions and professional templates.
You should be specific to your topic when creating questions, but not give your participants any clue what you think or want their answers to be. They should be straight forward and worded carefully so there is no confusion about how the questions should be answered. When you are choosing questions for your survey, be reasonable about the number of questions you think it will take to get the data you need.
Customize the look and feel of your surveys. Add your logo, company name, colors and images. Create your own survey URL and send respondents to a promotional landing page upon survey completion.
SurveyMonkey can help you with that!
You can also get the data you need with required questions and response validation. Eliminate bias with random assignment (A/B testing) and randomization. Create interactive surveys with skip logic and question piping, (while this all sounds very complicated using a service like Survey Monkey actually makes this really simple).
Do The Survey
If you need the insights of crafters in Los Angeles or the general US population, SurveyMonkey Audience gives you the right to use millions of respondents ready to provide the answers you need to make critical decisions.
Gather responses with one handy URL by including your link on emails, websites, Twitter, Facebook, and more. Plus, they look great on just about any device. SurveyMonkey is free for up to 100 responses per survey.
Analyze The Results
Don’t let all of your hard work go to waste. Gain insights with real-time charts and graphs in SurveyMonkey. Slice and dice data with filters and cross tabs, and download results with a variety of export options. Make the changes that your survey results suggest and consider other outcomes for the future.
Watch the video below to get started with SurveyMonkey.
Other Survey Tools
- Survey Gizmo carries a monthly fee, but there are no limits to the number of surveys or respondents, and the software allows for seamless branding of the survey instrument.
- PollDaddy is created by the WordPress.com team. This tool offers polls, quizzes, surveys and ratings instruments, as well as a ton of other features. Up to 200 responses per month and a maximum of 10 questions per survey can be had for free.
- Constant Contact also offers a survey tool and relatively the least expensive and easiest option.
Now, go get some information that will help you build a better business!
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- How To Create An Online Store In Less Than 10 Minutes With TicTail - April 27, 2017
- 10 Reasons Why You Need To Start Buying Handmade - April 26, 2017
- How To Brand Your Fashion Related Handmade Business - April 25, 2017