Are there things you can do offline that can make a huge difference to your handmade business position in the search engines? The answer is YES.
Offline SEO can be defined as a work done offline on websites to achieve high search engine ranking. By this process you can make changes in your craft website title, tag, design, layout and URL. In fact, these activities are a great way to get a good search engine position or boost Etsy popularity.
Some of the Offline SEO Tips and Tricks you should follow for your ETSY Shop traffic are:
- Make good quality links in social community websites like Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin.
- Do not repeat the same links with same description in more than one website. Links should be unique.
- Make high weight age links. For example if you make a link to your Etsy shop in 2 Facebook pages, one with 50 followers and other with 500 followers, then the link made in 500 follower Facebook page will be given more weight age by search engines.
- Submit your Etsy shop link in different directories. Make sure you do not use the same description in more than one directory. Your description should be short and must contain your keywords into it. For example if your sell handmade jewelry in Etsy and your location is in New York then one keyword for your shop would be “Custom handmade jewelry New York”. Therefore when submitting your shop link in directories you can write a short description like – “Custom handmade jewelry in New York made by talented designers who work together bringing out best and never seen jewelry designs. We make special jewelry designs for wedding purposes”. Here the link to your Etsy shop should be placed on the words “Custom handmade jewelry in New York”. This will tell the search engines what keywords you are targeting for your Etsy shop.
- Article and blog writing is a must. You should at lease submit 1 article per week. Submit one article in one website only. No copying of articles allowed. If you don’t have time to write articles, you can hire article writers from Odesk or Elance. 1 article cost $10 approximately.
- Describe your shop in your business card too. Give your business card to as many people you like. It is a best idea to keep on dropping your business cards in taxi, New York metro, bus stands, restaurants, etc.
- Have your own telesales team which is willing to work with you for your craft website product. Work out with the telesales manager a coupon based system, so when the telesales make a sale, the client enters a specific code that they tell them on the website, this way you can monitor and make sure that the sales have come from them.
I hope you found this post useful. Use the tricks wisely and continuously and you will see the gains coming your way.Please feel free to leave your questions and comments below!
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- How To Create An Online Store In Less Than 10 Minutes With TicTail - April 27, 2017
- 10 Reasons Why You Need To Start Buying Handmade - April 26, 2017
- How To Brand Your Fashion Related Handmade Business - April 25, 2017