For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned. – Anonymous
This holds true for most successful business owners, and in order to be included in the elite category of these successful people, you need to do the things they’re doing. That simple!
Whether you’re up for some business goal setting, marketing strategic planning,writing the content for your handmade business’ blog, or even making your daily to-do list… getting organized is extremely important.
…and what’s the best way to get organized? – Mind Mapping!
Mind Mapping is a good brainstorming tool and learning technique of visually arranging ideas and their interconnections. We found out that by using this tool for getting our ideas organized could significantly allow us to produce better results.
You can start doing this by using MindMeister.
Mind Map Guidelines:
- Start in the center with a word of the topic.
- The lines should be connected, starting from the central image.
- Use multiple colors throughout the mind map, for visual stimulation and also to encode or group.
- Use emphasis and show associations in your mind map.
- Keep the mind map clear by using radial hierarchy, numerical order or outlines to embrace your branches.
- You can develop your own personal style of mind mapping.
- As you start to develop the sections, and you intend to use links in certain sections just place [link] into the mind map as a place holder, so you know where to put the link when you actually write the article
Watch this video for a better understanding of how mind mapping works.
Bonus: We created some excellent hot off the press mind-mapping templates designed around topics such as handmade business blog content, managing an online craft store and a crafter’s timeline – organizing ideas that are perfect for your handmade business.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- How To Effectively Start An Etsy Shop - January 24, 2017
- Mart Ninja – All You Need To Know - January 24, 2017
- The Best Color To Use With Your Projects This 2017 - January 23, 2017