So you have probably got invited to join MartNinja to promote your Etsy items for free via e-mail. Or you have seen their Facebook sponsored post on your newsfeed.
If you are curious just like me, keep reading to see how it works.
How It Works?
They claim to promote via word-of-mouth marketing which is the highest ROI marketing channel. They will also promote your products to buyers of fellow sellers in just 3 easy steps.
- Link your online store (Etsy, Shopify) with the click of a button and they will import all your items right away.
- You can choose the items you want to promote including the desired number of Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest shares and target category.
- Complete the payment and you’re done. Soon other sellers on MartNinja will see your promoted products and start publicizing them to their network of buyers on social media.
Sounds really good, right?
So I did some research to answer my other questions and here’s what they have to say:
Why should we join Mart Ninja?
According to Helen Callas, a representative of Mart Ninja: “289 Etsy sellers and 56 Shopify store owners have joined MartNinja in last 24 hours. 40% of them have promoted their products and almost 80% of them have taken up earning opportunities.
We know that in early days, building trust is the major challenge for any app or businesses and this is why we are giving away free promotion credits worth $5 on every signup so that our users can come and try Martninja without any risk.
Also, as Martninja provides you earning opportunities, you can further de-risk your investment by earning.
I really hope you will give MartNinja a try and share your feedback with us so that we can make it better and more useful. In case of any queries, we are always an email away at [email protected]
How exactly did they get etsy sellers e-mails? Is etsy selling our information to third parties now?
Helen Calls answered: “You got this email because you are using 1 of our other apps. We are inviting only select few stores every second day after looking at the products. We never meant to spam but sent an exclusive invite because your products are awesome.”
Martninja claims to be the biggest promotion network of online sellers however the website is only 169 days old (upon writing this article)?
Helen answered: “We have a total of 150K Etsy, Shopify, Amazon, Zazzle, Zibbet and Ebay sellers using our network of marketing apps that makes us the biggest promotion network of online sellers – one of its kind network that is focusing on this niche. Martninja is our newest offering hence there is not much links talking about it as of now. Hopefully going forward with time, Martninja will make its name.”
I checked ScamAdviser and this is what they said.
59% safety rating.
- Alert ResultThe owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
- Alert ResultThis website is 151 Days old
- Alert ResultThe website expected life (365 days) is relatively short.
- Alert ResultThe website appears to be less than six months old
“Although this website appears to be based in United States there are other countries involved and you should review this information carefully and decide if it is as you expect. This website is very new, and as such doesn’t have an online reputation yet. As with all new businesses, we suggest that you take care and if necessary get in contact with the owners before placing an order of value.
This site is using an anonymous service – which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site – we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.
The website has been newly registered with a short life expectancy, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent and fake selling websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.”
So what are your thoughts after reading those answers? Are you willing to try and get advantage of the “free” promotion now or are you going to wait for a while and see what happens?
Please let us know in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- 4 Lighting Tips & Tricks For Your Product Photography - April 28, 2017
- How To Create An Online Store In Less Than 10 Minutes With TicTail - April 27, 2017
- 10 Reasons Why You Need To Start Buying Handmade - April 26, 2017