Are you looking for an e- commerce online store builder that allows you to focus on selling – without getting bogged down with dealing with your servers or worrying about how to connect your shopping cart to your website?
Volusion is one of the larger e-commerce online store builders that allow you to start selling your products without being a technical nerd at all. After all, who has time to learn all that technical knowledge when you really ought to be focused on growing your handmade business instead!
Volusion caters to a broad range of industries, such as apparel, beauty & health, food & beverages, jewelry, automotive, electronics, etc. Pretty much anything you can sell online.
It also supports over 40,000 online stores and has enabled its users to sell over $17 billion over the past 15 years. So we know these guys are not “one hit wonders” and are here to stay.
So what are the features?
1. Powerful Integration Tools
Connect your business with top-tier integrations like eBay and Amazon to make everyday operations easier than ever.
2. Social Media
Share products effortlessly from your eCommerce store with social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
3. Payment Options
With our secure & flexible payment options, you can collect payment from all major credit cards, PayPal and more
4. Fully Hosted
Website, shopping cart, and hosting: they’re all included. Secure, PCI/CISP certified and with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Powerful SEO tools to optimize URLs, meta tags and image alt tags to boost rankings in all major search engines.
6. Customer Support
Real help, real people, 24×7. Get support building your store with dedicated account managers and expert resources.
Volusion is close to the functionality of Shopify. Below is the run-down of all its differences.
- Inventory management – Volution has a tiered structure, offering unlimited products only on their top-of-the-line plan ($135/mo.). All Shopify plans allow an unlimited number of items to be added to and sold via your store.
- Calculation of shipping charges – both platforms allow flexible and powerful options for calculation of shipping charges which is one of the most basic and essential aspects of selling physical goods via an ecommerce storefront.
- Discount codes – All plans at Volusion allow discount code creation and calculation functionalities. While Shopify, does not offer this feature on their Lite plan, while it is available on all other plans.
- Payment gateway options – Shopify has 70 payment gateways while Volusion has only 30+ gateways.
- Themes and Templates – both Shopify and Volusion offer a good number of responsive templates, free as well as paid. Volusion has more free themes provided than Shopify, though. Both offer paid/premium themes starting at the same price – $80.
- A mix of free as well as paid apps/add-ons is available for both platforms.
- Volusion is at an advantage here, with more in-built multi-lingual support. – Shopify does not offer full multi-lingual capabilities directly. Shopify does offer multi-lingual capability on the checkout pages as an in-built feature.
Volusion offers four plans:
- Mini: $15
- Plus: $35
- Pro: $75
- Premium: $135
Shopify offers four different plans as well:
- Lite Plan: $9
- Basic Plan: $29
- Professional Plan: $79
- Advanced Plan: $299
Design is very important as it is the first impression that you can make for your prospective customers. So take this as a consideration when choosing.
Volusion is ideal for you if you want to build an ecommerce website, but you don’t have time or the technical skills to mess around with codes and integration of tools.