Looking for help on the correct photo sizes to help you create images for your Facebook page? Well, you’re on the right page!
Look at it this way, Facebook marketing allows you to instantly reach over 1.5 billion people. Without strong images (cover, timeline, milestone, profile, welcome page, etc.) that will help you brand your handmade business’ fan page, it will remain a no-man’s land.
One of the toughest parts of running a Facebook page is creating graphics that fits in the timeline. Sure, Photoshop can help you with that but if the idea of using it makes your head spin or hiring a graphic designer isn’t an option, it might help to get to know first the correct image sizes to display on your Facebook fan page.
Each type of image on a page, profile, and timeline has its own size and quirks. And Facebook never has been very good about making its help pages easy to find.
Use this guide below to help you improve the quality of images you upload and display on Facebook, by using the right dimensions, resolution, and features for the job.
To sum it all, here’s a cheat sheet on the correct photo sizes for your Facebook page:
- Cover Photo: 851px (width) – 315px (height)
- Profile Picture in Header: 160px (width)- 160px (height) – Must be uploaded at 180px by 180px
- Profile Picture on Timeline: 32px (width) – 32px (height) – Same image as main Profile Picture, automatically downscaled
- Shared Link Thumbnail: 484px (width) – 252px (height) – Only for full-width thumbnails. In some cases much smaller thumbnails are used.
- Uploaded Photos: 2048px (width) – 2048px (height)
- Uploaded Timeline Photo Thumbnail: 504px max (width) – 504px max (height)
- Facebook Apps icons: 111px (width) – 74px (height)
With over 1,500,000,000 users (1.5 billion), there is no shortage of customers waiting to purchase your handmade products on Facebook. Make the best impression by uploading the correct size or your images so that it will look captivating on your page.
Did I miss any? Leave your questions or tips in the comment box below.