“Your account is currently suspended.
Etsy has suspended your account privileges. Please check your email for more information about your account’s status.”
But what if your shop got suspended? What do you need to do to get your shop reinstated? What are your rights? What can you do to lessen the hassle effect of the suspension?
We have got the answers for you.
What do you need to do to get your shop reinstated?
I don’t want to frighten you but the reinstatement process is not easy. The very first thing you need to do is contact Etsy’s support team and inquire as they don’t usually disclose the reason why your shop was deactivated.
While you wait, it could be useful to read the Etsy’s Do’s and Don’ts, about 29 pages long and made up of 10,918 words.
The good news is that generally you can fix these misunderstandings. The bad news is that they suspend Etsy shops without warning and the reason of deactivation is not disclosed.
So what does Etsy require to get your shop reinstated?
Here’s an example of requirements that will be asked from you which is composed of 3 parts.
Step 1- Information about your shop
Step 2- Information about your Handmade Process
About your shop:
- How many people are involved in your shop?
- Write out the name of each person and their role in the shop. This includes making things, creating listings, running the shop, and shipping items.
- Where are you located?
- Where are the items shipped from?
- Who takes the photographs for the listings?
- Do you have any other Etsy accounts? If yes, what are the usernames? +Please upload pictures of yourself and members of your shop.
About the Handmade Process:
- How are your items made? Please be as specific as possible.
- Are the items made from scratch, or do you alter/assemble them?
- How long does it take to make your item?
- What materials are used?
- Where do you purchase the materials?
- What tools or equipment do you use?
- Do you receive any production assistance, or do you outsource any of the production?
- Are your items made to order or ready to ship?+ Upload Pictures of work space + Upload Pictures of raw materials + Upload Proof of purchase for materials (receipts or links) + Upload pictures of equipment/tools + Made to order items – show pattern and materials
Step 3 – Specific Item Inquiry
In detail, please outline the steps used to make this item. Include as much information as possible.
If you want your Etsy shop back, you have to reply diligently. This may be very annoying and will take a lot of your time, but I’d suggest that you remain as calm as you can.
What Are Your Rights?
It is not easy to see your hard-earned shop pop like a bubble! Its like someone hung the “Closed” sign on your shop website without your permission. In cases like this, there are resources you can go to to get help when things are not clear.
If you reside on the U.S or Canada, you can start by filing a case with the Better Business Bureau. You can also check the Simplicity Law and Ecommerce Business Law Lawyers. They can help protect you against unwarranted and unexplained actions.
Smart Things To Do To Lessen The Effect Of Etsy Shop Suspension
- Get A Domain Name. You will be thankful if you have a domain name handy in case your Etsy shop is closed. You can browse and buy domain names at the website, United Domains.
- Do A Regular Back Up. Backup your photos, listings, sales history, etc. It’s something that as an Etsy seller you should do. To do so, you have to:
– open the Etsy website
– click on Your Account
– click on Shop Settings
– click on Options
– click on Download Shop Data You’ll be able to download a .CSV file (excel sheet). Don’t forget to also keep a copy of your testimonials so that you can still use your credentials and positive feedback even if your Etsy shop has been closed.
- Other Escape. There is a lot of alternatives to Etsy such as Artfire, Big Cartel, Folksy, etc. But we can’t deny the fact that Etsy is still the leading platform when it comes to selling handmade products.
This circumstance is never easy for a crafter who sells on Etsy. If you happen to be in this situation or you have any idea that can help your fellow crafter regarding this matter, please use the comment box below.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- Informative Cheat Sheet For Handmade Sellers - February 25, 2017
- 5 Photoshop Alternatives That Top Etsy Sellers Use - February 24, 2017
- 8 Ways To Easily Buy From Your Online Store - February 23, 2017