Are you looking for tips to effectively start an Etsy shop?
With the right product and a few key actions, you can be far more successful than than you may think.
Since it seems as if many of you are interested in opening Etsy shops, I thought it would be helpful to show you how to start an Etsy shop so you can open your shop with a bang.
Here are ten things you need to know:
- Understand what you want to sell and how you’re going to make it in case orders start pouring in.
- Find your niche and determine what category your products belong to on Etsy.
- Check your competition in the same category (What are their prices? How do they do shipping? What listing tags are they using? How can you stand out?)
- Test your product pricing and check shipping options
- Look for high quality and affordable shipping supplies
- Take some good product photos
- Check your shop banner, icon and photos
- Write your shop Policies and About page
- Set up your listings and organize shop sections
- Open your shop!
That sounds really easy, right? But there are a lot of things to discover and learn.
With the help of Kendyll Hillegas, she will answer some great questions about running an Etsy shop, including:
- Reproducing artwork
- The process of making art prints
- Packing & shipping with Etsy
- Creating listings and improving search ranking
- Generating shop traffic
- General recommendations for Etsy newbies
Check this awesome video and enjoy!
That’s it. Now that you heard these advice, start your Etsy shop and let us know what your shop’s name is in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- 4 Lighting Tips & Tricks For Your Product Photography - April 28, 2017
- How To Create An Online Store In Less Than 10 Minutes With TicTail - April 27, 2017
- 10 Reasons Why You Need To Start Buying Handmade - April 26, 2017