Are you tired of copying your blog URL, adding it to Bit.ly and manually posting to Twitter and Facebook?
On my article about Useful Plugins To Connect Your Craft Blog To Social Media Sites, I have mentioned the app Networked blogs which allows you to share your public posts on Facebook, Twitter or direct to friends all in one place.
This is a wonderful app for handmade business owners like you. Why?
With NetworkedBlogs you can:
- Import your blog feed into the app
- Once the blog is set up, it will automatically post when you publish a blog
- You can syndicate your own blog with your Facebook profile, fan pages, groups, applications, and Twitter, making a network of communities that is interconnected with each other. The post can automatically be tweeted out or posted to your Facebook profile or page
- Users can subscribe to the blog right on NetworkedBlogs
- Users can participate with the NetworkedBlogs community on a topics about crafting
So let me take you a tour on how to get started with Networked Blogs…
Adding Your Blog
- Go to Networked Blogs and click the “Add your Blog” button taking you to Facebook.
- It will automatically direct you to a page where you can click on the “Register a Blog” button.
- Enter your blog details and hit on the “Next” button.
- You can change this information later so you don’t have to worry if you have missed something.
- After clicking on next, it will lead you to a page where you can confirm whether you are the author or not by clicking the “Yes or No” button.
- You will be directed to the confirmation page saying your blog is successfully registered.
- You may want to rate your blog, invite people to follow your blog, or share it to your fans in Facebook.
Set Up Syndication
- Click on “Set up Syndication” to syndicate your blog to your Facebook Page.
- Choose your blog from the drop down list if you have more than one blog registered in Networked Blogs.
- Then click on the links “Add Facebook Target” and “Add twitter Target” to syndicate your blog to these social media tools.
Add Facebook Target
- Choose the profile that you want your blog post to appear and click on “Add”.
- You can set it up to appear in groups and fan pages that you are an admin on.
Add Twitter Target
- Upon clicking on Add Twitter Target, a pop-up box will appear.
- Enter your Twitter Username and Password and your blog posts will automatically be in your Twitter feeds, widening the scope of your reach.
After Facebook and Twitter syndication has been added successfully, it will show on the Networked Blogs profile that these targets can get automatic feeds from your blog posts.
How to Add a Blog Tab/Page to your Handmade Business’ Fan Page
Once you have followed the steps on How to Add Your Blog To Networked Blogs above, you can now add a Blog tab/page to your Fan page.
- Click on the Edit Info button first to go to the Edit Page.
- Click on the “Apps” link on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down and click “Browse More Applications”.
- Type in Networked Blogs on the search box and press Enter. The click on Networked Blogs on the search results.
- On the Networked Blogs Application Page, look for “Add to My Page” link and click it.
- A pop-up window will appear with the list of fan pages you want your blog page to appear.
- On the left side of your Facebook fan page, look for the “Blog” link in it.
- Click on “Click here to verify your settings” link.
- On the page settings, you have a choice to publish your blog on the wall of your fan page and show on tab.
- This is the recommended setting for best distribution of your blog post.
- Scroll down and Save your settings.
- Congratulations! You are now connected both with your blog and Facebook. Two powerful tools to optimize your website traffic.
If you don’t want to go through that process, you can easily copy your blog post url to Facebook and sync it to Twitter.
So there, you’re all set! Networked Blogs has made it possible to extend your blog post to other areas where website traffic is great and sharing your content is easier.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- 8 Budget-Friendly Essentials For Your Craft Show Booth - December 3, 2016
- How To Stop Perfectionism From Ruining Your Productivity - December 2, 2016
- How To Sell On Instagram Using Inselly - November 25, 2016