Mobile apps are now part of every conceivable business (including the handmade industry), irrespective of their size and number of customers.
By 2016, 61% of web traffic will be driven by mobile and with the evolution of smartphones, tablets and other handheld devices, your current customers, and your potential ones, are never far away. Their potential is enormous.
A mobile application will work best for your craft business if:
- Your customers sit within a niche market where you have a good understanding of your customer’s mobile usage behavior. Otherwise you’ll need to invest in user behavior studies before launching your app.
- You want to be able to provide a very personalized mobile experience to your target audience. In other words, an app is the easiest way to ensure people can find the information most relevant to them, in the quickest time possible, and generally have a great experience with your craft business.
- Your business is well known within your industry sector i.e. if lots of customers search for your business by name, you’re more likely to have a good ROI from creating an app – as more people will download and use it.
Craft Business Mobile App Inspirations
Understand who your mobile customers are and how they use your site in order to ensure their customer experience. Whether your customers are looking for tutorials about crafts that you make or to order online, ensure you have the best and most reliable innovations available to make the most of the mobile opportunity.
Get an idea on how to design your mobile app by checking these wonderful craft business apps:
This app makes crafting even easier with mobile access to favorite Michaels products, projects and events. Also customers can scan their QR codes and see deals and coupons that can be used right off their phones.
Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts
The Jo-Ann app is stocked with features to make their customers’ shopping experience much easier. They can browse products, make a shopping list and pull up coupons that can be used from their phone.
This is the official app for the Crafty Gemini YouTube channel. This app helps people learn cooking, sewing, quilting, crafting and more with just a few taps away!
This app features the most creative tutorials on how to make homemade gifts, home décor, parties, holiday crafts, yummy recipes, free printables, and more! It’s a free and easy way to stay up to date on the newest crafting tutorials and tips.
How To Create A Mobile App?
If your blog uses WordPress as its base, check out the plugin WPtouch (or see the enhanced WPtouch Pro). You’ll find several other similar plugins for WordPress, including the highly rated and free MobilePress plugin. These plugins automatically detect when a user visits your blog or site from a mobile phone and will create a more appropriate view for them.
While some businesses prefer to develop their own in-house mobile development team, it may be advisable for you to outsource a team in order to help you create your mobile app.
The good news is that entering the mobile market no longer necessarily requires thousands of dollars and months of work. There are many mobile platforms available to help you build an app on a budget — quickly, and with no coding knowledge required.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- Informative Cheat Sheet For Handmade Sellers - February 25, 2017
- 5 Photoshop Alternatives That Top Etsy Sellers Use - February 24, 2017
- 8 Ways To Easily Buy From Your Online Store - February 23, 2017