You can make money and support your family from your craft blog. It sounds like a fantasy – but can it become a reality? Yes. It is possible to make money in blogging. There are an ever-increasing number of people making money from blogging at a part-time to full-time level —however they are still in the minority.
Once you’ve started a craft blog, there are a few simple things you can do to help make more money:
Google Adsense. It’s a great place to start. You can have up to 3 ads with them. This is the simplest and easiest way to start making money through your blog. You can sign up for ad networks like Google Adsense, choose your ad sizes, and start making money right away. At first, you will probably only make a few pennies a day, but over time, as your blog grows, this amount can grow to some real cash.
Here’s a list of other advertising networks:
- Google AdSense
- Google DoubleClick
- Matomy SEO
- Miva Merchant
- Tribal Fusion
- ValueClick Media
You can sell advertising space on your sidebar. This is another simple way to start getting paid for the page views and visitors you are already getting. If you want to sell sidebar ad space, make sure that you have an advertising or PR page on your blog with some information.
Affiliate programs function basically like any other form of text, video or banner advertising, in that you’re paid to place an advertisement for a service, product or company on your blog. What’s different is that affiliate program ads require not only that your visitors click an ad but also that a sale results from the click. When a click-through from the ad happens, and then a sale is made, you’ll earn a pre-determined commission on that sale.
Here are other ways for you to earn money from your craft blog:
- Soliciting donations from readers
- Selling merchandise with the blog’s brand, logo and content (books, hats, mugs, etc.)
- Showcasing advertising from other companies within your blog. This can include banner ads, display ads, video ads, or text ads.
- Offering premium content on your blog using a subscription or paid membership model.
- Participating in affiliate programs that offer high commission pay-per-click or pay-per-sale opportunities
It takes time and patience before your blog will start making money. Give it a few months at least, while brainstorming different ways to attract readers and to make money.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- How To Optimize Etsy Images Without Any Effort - March 29, 2017
- How To Create A Logo That Makes Your Competitors Jealous - March 28, 2017
- 3 Ways To Get Started With Your Business Idea Now - March 23, 2017