With the introduction of podcasting , a new revolution emerged in the field of handmade business and in the way people share their knowledge. This revolution has extended to touch upon education with handmade artists and Etsy sellers now using podcast as learning and teaching tools both in formal and informal instructional settings.
If you want to learn things for your handmade business by ear, check these podcasts for you:
- Adventures In Design (AID) –Hear advices from Mark, Billy Baumann and their buddies talk shop and delve into what it’s truly like to be an artist and creative entrepreneur. Whether they’re en route to a design conference, interviewing other artists or discussing a good topic – their genuine wit is always entertaining and insightful. According to iTunes, AID is, “graphic design gossip and artistic growing pains through the eyes of two handsome diy poster designers and their friends.” Listen now and you’ll wish you were sitting in a dark dive bar downing beers with these rad guys.
- After The Jump – You can listen to it if you are going on a long drive or have extra time. According to heritage radio, it is, “a series of interviews with designers, store owners and up-and-coming members of the creative community. Grace (owner) will delve deeper into the world of independent artists. From exploring the day-to-day lives of contemporary makers to discussing the challenges they face.”
- Craftypod 2.0 – It is a bi-weekly podcast for creative people since 2005. It’s been serving up 30-minute doses of learning, inspiration and great big ideas.
- Destination DIY – Destination DIY is an independently produced public radio show and podcast bringing you stories about all kinds of creativity.Taking the DIY lens beyond home improvement and crafts, they explore all kinds of ways people are working with limited resources to create rather than consume the world around them. Destination DIY blends recorded field sound, in-studio interviews and personal narration to create an arc that takes listeners on a journey and brings them back inspired.
- Elise Gets Crafty –Elise will discuss one or more of your favorite topics: blogging, business, creativity, inspiration and motivation. The owner’s goal is to introduce you to smart, interesting people who are good at what they do and willing to share their expertise.
- Handmade Tickle – This podcast will teach you some of the secrets to make that fun hard work pay off for your business. Grab a cup of coffee and hang out with Tim and Kim for the next thirty minutes as they talk about 10 Secrets of Successful Blogging in the second Blogging for Makers Podcast!
- The Fresh Rag Show – It is full of honest business advice for creatives from Dave and his guests. The mission of the fresh rag show according to iTunes is to, “promote creative badassery in all artistic ventures.”
Perhaps you want more? Good! I do too. If I missed your favorite podcast, please add it in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- How To Optimize Etsy Images Without Any Effort - March 29, 2017
- How To Create A Logo That Makes Your Competitors Jealous - March 28, 2017
- 3 Ways To Get Started With Your Business Idea Now - March 23, 2017