We all know that Google is the go to search engine when you need to find something online, but did you know that Google also offers useful products that will help your online handmade business?
Here are 6 Google Products that will help you in managing your handmade business with ease.
1. Google Apps
Google Apps is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps you and your craft team connect and get work done from anywhere on any device. It includes:
- Gmail – Gmail’s inbox helps you stay organized with your handmade business by sorting your mail by type.
- Google Drive – With Google Drive, you can store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others.
- Google Calendar – With Google’s free online calendar, it’s easy to keep track of your handmade business’ important events all in one place.
- Google Sites – Google Sites is a structured wiki- and web page-creation tool offered by Google as part of the Google Apps productivity suite. The goal of Google Sites is for anyone to be able to create a team-oriented site where multiple people can collaborate and share files.
- Google Groups – Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
- Google Talk – Google Talk allows you to chat in virtual real time with your instant messaging IM contacts when and where you want to — not just when you’re in front of your computer.
Learn more about these features and see how Google Apps can streamline your handmade business.
2. Google Alerts
Create Google Alerts for the types of crafts or artwork you’re selling such as woodworking, knitting, stained glass, etc. Once a week, or once a day, or as soon as news appears online, Google will send you an email alert with a link. This will help you find content and identify journalists and bloggers who are writing about your style of work.
You can tell Google to email your alerts to you once a day. You can also request all content, including blog posts, news items and videos.
3. Google Maps/Local Business Center
If you’re interested in acquiring local search traffic, this is the biggest no-brainer on the list. Google wants to know who you are, where you are, and what you do… so list your business and tell them! Beyond your basic business data, you can also upload coupons and photos, which may help catch a searcher’s eye.
4. Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools provide you with detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google search results. It will help you get Google’s view of your site and diagnose problems. Also, discover your link and query traffic. To get started, simply add and verify your site and you’ll start to see information right away. Improve your site’s visibility in Google search results. It’s free.
5. Google Analytics
Google Analytics will give you rich insights into your craft website’s traffic and marketing effectiveness. With Google Analytics, you’re more prepared to write better-targeted articles or ads, strengthen your marketing initiatives and create higher converting websites.
6. Google Keyword Planner
This tool is essential for your craft business as it will help you to know what keywords your target audience are using. Enter one keyword or phrase per line to see what related word searches your ad will show on. You can see how many times it’s searched for daily, monthly, or yearly. Plus you can see what countries the keyword is common in.
To get started, check how to use Google’s keyword planner. So if you know what keywords to use, you are bound to get some traffic if you know your SEO.
With Google, we have a company that is quickly building a unified platform for applications and services that talk to each other and help us do our business faster and more profitably.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- The Difference Between Your Handmade Business And Starbucks - April 18, 2017
- How To Make Customers Want Your Products - April 16, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Your Handmade Products Are Not Selling - April 15, 2017