You work hard at your business producing great handmade items and promoting them to get new customers and then you make a sale but the work doesn’t stop there!
Getting customers and making sales isn’t easy so you want to make sure that you keep them so providing a level of service that goes above and beyond is a sure fire way of impressing them and getting repeat business.
Here’s an example from a recent purchase of mine on eBay.
I needed a new name tag for my dog, Poppy.So I did a quick search on Ebay, found a reputable provider with good feedback and made my order.
When it turned up not only did I get my order but a few things packaged with it that were very simple but I bet they are key to the success of this eBayer.
- They asked for Feedback:
Not only did they ask for feedback but they provided me with really nice easy instructions on how and where to post it.
- They supplied a free treat for Poppy:
The treat for Poppy was even more impressive since they took the time to actually hand write a little personal message on it with her name, just a brilliant touch.
- They advertised another complimentary product:
The additional advertising they sent was for a complimentary product and while you can’t see it in the image above, the back of the pamphlet outlined the advantages of the product and their guarantee perfectly.
The simplicity of this is brilliant but the effect it had on me as a customer was to impress the hell out of me.
So here’s three things you can do to impress you customers and keep them coming back for more:
- Ask for feedback AND act on it. Asking for feedback is one thing but acting on it is the key. Good feedback is great to hear, bad feedback is awesome to hear because then you can make changes. Follow up with customers to ask for feedback and then follow up again if they provided feedback that you have acted on or implemented. If you actually show a customer that you not only listened,but acted on their feedback they will be super impressed.
- Add value: The doggy treat they sent me was a great little touch and handwriting it makes it super personal. Think about ways that you can give your customer MORE than they actually paid for. One of the simplest things to do is include a gift voucher that can be spent back in your online store, which also encourages repeat business for you.
- Promote complimentary goods: If your customer bought a necklace from you and you have complimentary earrings or a bracelet to go with it, let them know. Coupled with a gift voucher you can bet that you will get a whole lot of repeat orders to complete the set. Don’t just send them a catalog of everything you sell, keep it relevant.
These are just a couple of things you can do to provide great customer service but there are so many more:
- Provide free shipping
- Provide free gift wrapping
- Have a memorable logo
- Use surveys with your customers
- Free consultations for custom pieces
- Deliver parcels before the due date
- Follow up with email newsletters
- Discounts on bulk orders over $xx
- Keep active with Social Media
- Use unique wrapping ideas
- Include a copy of your business card
If you would like more tips on how to get more customers and make more sales for your craft business download our free ebook today.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- The Best Color To Use With Your Projects This 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Why Etsy Sellers Should Have A Backup Plan - January 22, 2017
- Valentine’s Day DIY Gift Inspiration For Everyone - January 20, 2017