Are you looking for opening more than one shop in Etsy, what to name them, what to name their websites and the possibility of the “shop name change coming soon”?
Business names for online handmade stores are one of the first pieces of marketing most of your visitors will see. The right business name can instill confidence and the wrong one can cause alarm. Most importantly, your domain and business name are an important part of your overall brand.
If you’ve tried to come up with great business name that is unavailable, you know it can be extremely challenging. That’s where online name generation tools come to the rescue. Business name generation tools typically take a word you enter and add additional words and prefixes, showing you only available domains that match.
Yes it says domain name creator, but these could be business names too – most of us move to or have domains. If you’re stumped about naming or just want a laugh in some cases. I hope these sites help.
- Lean Domain Search – It allows you to find a great available business name for your website in seconds.
- Name Mesh – Generate the common alternatives for your business name by using the following methods like Thesaurus, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.
- Wordoid – Wordoids are made-up words. They look nice and feel great. They are good for naming things.
- Dot-o-mator – Dot-o-matorallows you to create domain name suggestions. You just need to enter a word (or words) in the left box, then choose some endings (or type in your own). Click to combine them. If you see a name you like, you can check its availability or save it to your scratchboard.
- NameStation – Gives you name ideas for startups, businesses, apps, brands.
- NXdom – You can choose a business name and check if it’s still available, using your favorite registrar.
- Domainhole – This tool take a unique approach to help you find an available name for your handmade business.
- Bustaname – BustAName is a tool to help find domain names.
- Domainr – When you want a short URL or something big, Domainr will find it, fast. Some of our favorites: rud.is, a.quil.la, and writethat.name.
- Impossibility –You give them a keyword and they combine it with their carefully selected list of nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Then they search for unregistered .com domain names and show you the results.
- NameJet – NameJet is an aftermarket domain name generator service with exclusive inventory of some of the most desired expired domains.
- DomainsBot – A domain name search engine that will not only give available domain suggestions but also search expired, expiring and for sale domain names.
- KnowEm – KnowEm will search over 500 popular social networks, over 150 domain names, and the entire USPTO Trademark Database to instantly secure your brand name on the internet.
- Instant Domain Search – Instant domain search will show you results in real time, as you type. This allows for you to see ideas before you even finish typing and discover names you may not have been able to catch on other domain search engines.
- IWantMyName – Is noteworthy because it includes many of the new domain name extensions in their search like .boutique and .blackfriday.
Keep your business name short and memorable. One or two words is best. Keep in mind that the top 100,000 websites, on average, have nine characters in their domain names. Also, be careful when choosing a domain name that you’re not choosing a name too close to someone else’s trademark to avoid problems down the road.
Click the link to learn more about finding the right business name for your craft online store.
Getting your business name right is the first step to building a long-standing online business. These tool should help you generate some ideas and assist you in registering your catchy business name.
So what are your favorite tools for finding and registering the best domain names? Let us know in the comments.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- 22 Craft Supplies Stores That You May Have Never Heard Of - October 27, 2016
- How To Give The Best Customer Experience - October 26, 2016
- What To Do If Handmade At Amazon Deny Your Application? - October 19, 2016