Do you ever find yourself in a creative rut? If so, you are not alone!
Creativity is the process of producing something that is both original and worthwhile and it is one of the most powerful characteristics Etsy sellers possess. However, there are times that you just don’t know what to do with your craft anymore.
If you feel you are in a creative rut, lacking ideas and creative flow, then read on and enjoy some badass tips to boost your creativity!
- Brainstorming is a common strategy in boosting your creative batteries.Start writing down related ideas and possible solutions. The goal is to generate as many ideas as possible in a relatively short span of time. Next, focus on clarifying and refining your ideas in order to arrive at the best possible choice.
- Use a mind map to make your plans work. A tool called Mind Meister can help you organize your plans using your computer.
- If you need help with something and have a small budget, there are plenty of $5 services you can take advantage of for your handmade business or ask family members or friends to help with whatever they can.
- Insecurity in your abilities can suppress creativity, which is why it is important to build confidence. Make note of the progress you have made, commend your efforts and always be on the lookout for ways to reward your creativity.
- You won’t be able to develop your creative talents if you don’t make time for them. Schedule some time each week to concentrate on some type of creative project.
- Clean, organize and de-clutter your work room. Between orders, accounting, craft show schedules, marketing plans, other projects, etc it can get nuts. Keep it clean so you won’t get distracted.
- Step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You would be amazed what cool creative things I have come up with just by messing around and trying something new.
- Make inspiration boards. It´s also a helpful way to make sure, that you can fully focus on the style for my project. To make an inspiration board, just grab loads of pictures from magazines, postcards, books etc. cut it out and make a collage or a board to hang on your wall. You can also use other things like, beautiful stuff you find in nature, textile, fabrics, buttons, lace, painted color samples, stamps, old photos, wrapping paper – whatever you feel inspired by.
- You can even create an inspiration shelve to feature everything that you are inspired by. That will be a great place to always look for instant inspiration.
- Take time for yourself that is not work related. Don’t let your craft take over your life. Don’t forget to schedule a full body massage every 6 weeks or other relaxation treats to yourself. Find what works for you and take care of you.
Also, nothing will kill your creativity more than hard expectations of yourself! You need to remind yourself that art is not about creating something perfect – it´s about creating from your heart, your soul and feeling excited about what you do.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- Informative Cheat Sheet For Handmade Sellers - February 25, 2017
- 5 Photoshop Alternatives That Top Etsy Sellers Use - February 24, 2017
- 8 Ways To Easily Buy From Your Online Store - February 23, 2017