Now might be the perfect time to start planning your 2014 craft show application.
Yes, we have already given you a huge list of craft show events for this year and tips on how to get your craft fair application noticed, however… it’ll save you more time if you got something that helps you find a list of craft shows and at the same time submit your application all in one place.
Have you heard of Zapplication?
Zapplication or ZAPP® helps artists and handmade business owners to apply online to multiple art shows through one central website. The online application process also allows you to directly upload digital images of your artwork for jury review. The result is that all artwork in the system is in a consistent, high-quality, digital format.
Creating an account is easy. All you need to do is:
- Go to Zapplication.org
- Click the blue “Register Now” button in the top, right-hand corner of the page
- Fill out your profile information
- Agree to the ZAPP® system terms and conditions.
ZAPP® encourages artists to utilize professional photographers to document your artwork. If not, you can do it yourself by following our free craft photography tips.
- Recommended Dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side. Note: If you do not have images that are 1920 pixels or larger, the system will also accept images that are at least 1400 pixels on the longest side.
- File Format: Save all images as Baseline Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
- File Size: JPEGs should be around 2.0 MB in size.
- Resolution: 72 dpi Note: This resolution size will assist in lowering the file size.
- Color space: Save images in RGB color space, preferably sRGB.
After preparing and uploading your images, you will be ready to apply to an event.
Craft Show Application
If you want to see the complete list of craft events, click the “Apply to Shows” button on the right-hand side of the page after you have logged on to the ZAPP® system. Events can be sorted by event name, start date, application deadline, and region.
You need to read and agree on the event’s terms and conditions in order to proceed with the application. Once you click on the “Agree” button you will see the full application. Complete the application by selecting a medium category and filling up the form.
Choose the images you want by selecting the check box underneath the corresponding thumbnail. Each event requires a specific number of artwork images. Select the correct number of images and click the “Save Application” button at the bottom of the page.
After you have completed your application and are ready to submit, the next step is to pay the application fee. You may proceed to the ZAPP® Shop in multiple ways:
- Click the “Checkout” button after you have sorted your images.
- Select the “ZAPP® Shop” button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the “Checkout” link on the “My ZAPPlications” page.
Click the “Submit” button to complete the checkout process. You will then receive a confirmation of your purchase to the email address listed in your ZAPP® profile and that’s it, you have successfully submitted your application.
This may not be free but it’s definitely a convenient way for you to reach your targeted craft shows.
To learn more about managing your handmade business, please check our free A to Z Handmade Business Guide.
Latest posts by Gary Capps (see all)
- The Best Color To Use With Your Projects This 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Why Etsy Sellers Should Have A Backup Plan - January 22, 2017
- Valentine’s Day DIY Gift Inspiration For Everyone - January 20, 2017